Thursday, January 20, 2011

My grandparents ...

My grandparents had to be the best set anyone could possibly have! I always new they would be there for me, no matter what. Just before my grandfather retired, they moved to Juneau, Alaska for a couple years. They had lived there several years earlier when my mom was a teen and my uncle was a young boy. I was fortunite enough to be able to go up and stay with them in the summers when they were there. When I think of them - I think of love. I have that old red plaid woolen jacket that is pictured on my grandmother, and I cherish it. One day I know we will be together again. What a happy reunion that will be!-My Bops and Bamps in Juneau-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this photo of Granny and Gramps. How fun for you to have Granny's jacket and to share how great they were to you as grandparents. I miss them a lot, too.

-Susan- said...

Katy, I'm assuming this is you...I wish you could have know our Grandmother before her stroke. She was one amazing woman. She could do anything and do it well. They were a great couple and we were very blessed to have them in our lives. Love you Kate!